JUNE 25th SHOP INDEPENDENT DAY
June 25th is Shop Independent Day, a campaign to celebrate small, independent businesses that bring character, creativity, soul and colour to our economy. So this week the blog is dedicated to celebrating what makes small businesses special and sharing the love for our local community.
Small but mighty
Did you know that small business generates a trillion (yes a trillion) pounds a year for the UK economy? Often seen as “hobby” or lifestyle ventures, small businesses are frequently undervalued given the combined contribution they make. We need our small businesses to flourish and thrive.
What does it mean to be independent?
At Hesta Scene we are committed to being customer focused. This means we provide a friendly service, an ever changing range of beautiful products with prices to suit all budgets.
Being an independent means we can do things our way and this is how we do it:
- Loyalty Card with real money off
- Dog Friendly – We love dogs at Hesta Scene so well behaved dogs are welcome in the shop
- We support local artists & makers, many of our items are designed and made in Cumbria
- We support British made, many of our items are designed and handmade in the UK
- We offer a free gift wrap service
- We keep our stock fresh and updated, we want you to experience something new whenever you shop with us
What can you do to help support your favourite small businesses?
Vote with your money, cold hard cash is always a great way to support your favourite small business. But you can also support your favourite small business in ways that don’t cost you a penny. A little time and a few kind words go a long way.
Cost free small business support
1. Leave a 5 star review – reviews are the lifeblood of any small business and it’s a great way to show your support. So be kind, leave a 5 star review
2. Engage with them on social media – you can show your support by liking, sharing, commenting and saving posts on social platforms.
3. Share the love – tell your favourite small business how much you love them and what they/their products or services mean to you - a kind word goes such a long way
4. Be an advocate – tell your friends, tell your family, tell anyone who will listen how great your favourite small business is.
Share the love - shop local
Never has it been more important to shop locally and support the businesses in your community, especially when you consider that....
This means every pound you spend locally benefits the whole community. Caldbeck is well known in Cumbria for its sense of community and we are lucky to have many wonderful businesses in the heart of the village. If you are coming to the Lake District on your holiday be sure to drop into the village and see for yourself
Midtown Milkhouse - Fresh Farm Milk
Oddfellow Arms - Village Pub
Calbeck Village Shop - Groceries & local luxuries
The Muddy Duck - Cafe
Watermill Cafe - Tearoom
Fair World Shop - Fairtrade products
The Wool Clip - Wool craft supplies
Caldbeck Crafters - A Co-operative of creatives from Caldbeck
Lofters Hair Design - Hairdressing
Positive Touch - Holistic health coaching & massage
Caldbeck Camping - Riverside camp site and glamping
Biggards Kennels - Dog Kennels
Caldbeck Glamping - Camping Barn & Bothy
Share the love to your favourite small business this Saturday